Yes, it is contest time. First contest ever on Deselvie2008. Thanks for your patience during these past couple of weeks -- today is DAY 1 of the contest. :)
Without further delay, my contest announcement on the theme of my first ever nail art contest is:
"Harajuku Kawaii" or "Cute & Funky." In Japanese, 'kawaii' simply translates to 'cute.' On the other hand, Harajuku is a fashion style in Japan. Local teenagers there developed the style as their personal way of self-expression to break out or rebel against the confined structure found in their strict, conservative culture. Most schools in Japan mandate school uniforms and conformity. In my opinion, the two words combined equates to a FUNKY CUTE. :) -- a fashion sense that is fun, quirky and still harbors a touch of innocence.
In outside countries, Harajuku/Kawaii influences are seen in the fragrances of Harajuku Lovers, the hair style salon name "Hair A Juku" in California, the global infatuation with "Hello Kitty" & other Sanrio characters as well as in the make-up line "Tokidoki" sold at Sephora stores.
Please browse through the widget below - courtesy of Amazon.com - to get an idea of what is it that I will be looking for in your nail design. Feel free to GOOGLE the words "Harajuku Kawaii" to find other images to inspire your nail contest entry. :) Here is also another YouTube video that has a slideshow on other kawaii pics --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8QRpzwn30
VIDEO ENTRY RULES:
1. Nail art must incorporate the theme: "Harajuku Kawaii or Funky Cute"
2. No 3D acrylic. Only nail polishes & acrylic paint.
3. No stickers. All kinds of nail deco allowed (ie glitter, rhinestones, spangles, fimo, pearls, etc.)
4. International entries are welcome.
5. Include a sign with your nail design stating your YouTube USERNAME & the Contest Name. For example, YOUR USERNAME's Entry to "Harajuku Kawaii or Funky Cute Nail Art Contest"
6. Post your entry as a video response to the contest video on YouTube http://bit.ly/mwdWFJ and title it "Entry to "Harajuku Kawaii or Funky Cute Nail Art Contest"
7. Parental permission required for ages under 18 years. Please state it in your video or on your sign.
8. All videos must be your new creation & not a re-edit of an old video of yours.
9. Please limit length to under 4 minutes. Include a beginning, middle & end of the process. Does not have to be a full tutorial.
10. Minimum 3-5 nails. Fake fingers/nails are allowed.
11. Include at least 3 final pics of the design. Must be clear for me to see.
12. You may submit a max of 2 entries.
13. Must be subscribed to my channel on http://youtube.com/deselvie2008
14. Favorite the YouTube Contest Announcement http://bit.ly/mwdWFJ
15. Contest ends May 14, 2011 (SAT) midnight PST.
16. 2 winners will be selected.
COMMENT ENTRY RULES:
1. Must be a subscriber to http://youtube.com/deselvie2008 and favorite the YouTube Contest Announcement at http://bit.ly/mwdWFJ
2. Only comment once under the video contest on http://bit.ly/mwdWFJ
3. No "enter me" comments.
4. Let me know what is the max amount that you are willing to spend on a bottle of nail polish and why. Also, state what colors you are most drawn to. :)
5. OPTIONAL: For an extra entry, send me a Friend Request on Facebook at
& post your YouTube username on my wall. If you are already a friend of mine, just post your YouTube username.
6. OPTIONAL: For 2 additional entries, post your YouTube username on my Beauty Review Channel at
http://blip.tv/file/5012822 under the contest announcement.
7. OPTIONAL: For 5 additional entries, follow me on twitter.
Post your Twitter name with your YouTube comment at http://bit.ly/mwdWFJ. If you are already a follower of mine, just post your Twitter name with your YouTube comment.
8. Parental permission required for ages under 18 years.
9. Open International.
10. 2 winners will be selected.
11. Follow my blog, just cuz you want to. :)
Please read the rules carefully -- I will be checking that all items are followed. If you have any questions re: the contest, please message me on YouTube so I can find & answer your question quickly. I reserve the right to adjust the rules as needed, so be sure to check the description box under the YouTube Video or this blog for any changes.
Have fun! I can't wait to see your entries. :) I will be uploading the prize video soon.